Saturday, March 17, 2012

29 Again?

Hello... Happy Saturday!

Here's a little card I made for a girlfriend who is turing 35... yes, that's a tough one for some of us... the thought that you are now just five years from 40.... well... I guess it won't seem like such a bad thing in another 10 or 15 years. Right?

To create the card I started by creating a square card from cream cardstock and added a yellow damask mat (Teresa Collin's Carolina Breeze collection). I then cut and embossed the circle from kraft cardstock with Spellbinder's Splendid Circles (S4-354), placed a disc of patterned paper (Crate Farmhouse collection) underneath and adhered it to the card with dimensional adhesive. Lastly I embellished with two smaller cut/embossed circle dies and an assortment of flowers (Zva Creative, Michael's Stores Inc. and Jillibean Soup). Lastly I stamped the sentiment (Technique Tuesday), created the flag and added it to the card with leaf pins (Maya Road). Note: all edges are inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger).


Well, I'm off to pack my bags for Arizona. Spellbinder's Design Team retreat is coming up quick... in just four days I'll be on a plane on my way there! I can not wait to get there to meet many new friends and be with such wonderful people from a great company.

Have a great one!

6 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

I turned 35 this year so I know all about mixed feelings!
Have a marvelous trip - joining the Spellbinders DT is one of my dreams! Maybe next year!

Renee said...

Windy, your card is so sweet!! You friend will have a Happy Birthday for sure!

Have a wonderful time at the retreat!!

Hugs,

Renee

Maureen Chandler said...

Wonderful card - great for any age!! Thank you so much!

Becky Dunham said...

Gorgeous card Windy! I turned 46 last year so I should be really freaked out, but I am not! I actually have been feeling younger lately - must be doing something right :)

Yvonne said...

Hi Windy,
Stunning card...wow!
Well, I have turned 29 many times... again and again... Unfortunately my mirror tells me a whole different story nowadays... lol..
I still have to start packing... eeks... for me only 40hrs before leaving.
Can't wait to meet you!
Hugs from "across the pond",
Yvonne

Nicole Martel said...

Beautiful!