Saturday, September 24, 2011

The life of a project...

So I'm here today to share how projects are often birthed, changed and purposed in my creative life. The mini album that I'm about to share was initially made as a project for Donna Salazar as a design team requirement for GCD Studios. We were given some inspiration photos to serve as a source for our monthly projects. I fell in love with and selected this one...
Wow! As I look at it, I think... everything in it inspires me... from the color palette to the dimension and texture of the flower to the opaqueness of the lace of the class candle holders. All of it stunning. 

So here's my project that resulted from this inspiration...
To create this mini album I used Donna Salazar's One Sheet Wonderful, Spring Blooms, and Spring Skies patterned papers from her Spring in Bloom collection by GCD Studios.  All of those papers are perfectly suited to imitate this inspiration piece. To create the flowers I used Spellbinder's die template LF-005 Grand Peony Creations (which are also designed by Donna). After cutting multiple dies on my Grand Calibur die cutting machine, I inked crumpled and layered them the flowers and leaves.
I added some linen tinted tape from Vintage Street Market to mirror the candle wraps.
Ultimately, this project ended up sitting on my desk for a few weeks waiting for its purpose... and then along came the need for a baby gift and luckily something pink was just what I needed. So I added a few mini letters to personalize it...
That's it... how this project came about. It started as a project for a design team assignment and turned into a darling baby gift. Some times I'm so glad that I'm crafty....its fun to give these kind of gifts. 

Well, I'm signing off for the weekend. Next week will be pretty busy around here so be sure to stop by... I'll have lots of new projects and give-a-ways to share. Take care & thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Beautiful, truly beautiful!

Gina Lideros said...

this is so pretty Windy! Love what you did with the GCD studios papers.

Laura Evangeline said...

You always turn out such great projects from the photos!