Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pie and Pilgrim Hats...

Tonight I've got a little Pink Paislee goodness with an uber cool sketch from Sketchy Thursdays. If you're up for a busy December... you can throw your hat in the ring to be their guest designer the month.

Here is my entry based on their sketch and the prompt: Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend.


Title: pie and pilgrim hats...
Journaling reads: "This Thanksgiving is the year of pie and pilgrim hats. After helping Daddy make his famous apple pie, Campbell just couldn't stop trying ALL of the pies and Hadley didn't take that silly hat off for weeks. 2008


Now, if you love Pink Paislee product as much as I do, you can stop over at A Walk Down Memory Lane for their November challenge with (none other than) Pink Paislee. Prize? Pink Paislee (of course;) So here is a card layout that I designed for the contest. I hope you enjoy!



This is a quick one to make:
1) cut card from kraft
2) adhere thick strip of patterned paper on card, inking the bottom edge of pp
3) sew top edge of card with (what I call) a crazy stitch and add black ribbon along bottom edge
4) sew around edge of Pink Paisley's postcards and adhere to card with pop dots
5) stamp leaf on kraft and cut out
6) adhere leaf to card with pop dots, add burlap bow and rhinestone

Today I'm thankful for...
1) hats that make children so cute
2) Daddy's who work at their daughter's school (even if its a co-op & they have to clean the bathroom:)
3) Grandma's who deliver matching, fight and fuss free outfits

Products: kraft (Paper Reflections), patterned paper (Amber Road: Autumn Blossom & Bonfire by Pink Paislee), other (Amber Road: Postcards), fiber (Brown Burlap Twine from May Arts), stamp (Nature Clear Stamps by My Tattered Angels), rhinestones (Me & My Big Idea), ink (Charcoal Chalk by ColorBox)

3 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

I'm just snooping through you blog here Windy and you have some Awesome stuff!!! love, love the LO and card here!!!

LisaVB said...

What a beautiful card! Good luck!
Lisa
A Walk Down Memory Lane

heidi said...

I love both the layout and the card. The colors are gorgeous! I love your thankful list. :o) Thanks for playing along with us!

- Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays co-founder